
Towards the West

Towards the Northeast

Towards the East, where the thunderstorm is heading.
To the South it is grey.
19:44 hrs
I am sitting in the dining room, reading blogs and comments on my computer, while our dinner is cooking. The sun shines on our elm trees, but I nearly lift of from my chair - lightning, and an instant roll of terrific thunder. Wodan is throwing his daggers from the sky.
I was brought up with a true horror of thunderstorms: Pull out the plugs of the electricity equipments, close the curtains, close the windows, but alas - I have not adapted these fears. On the contrary, I walk to the window, I walk to the door and walk outside, because *HOW ON EARTH* could there be such a strike of lightning and thunder all at once, while the sun is shining at the same time at my trees? Is there a rainbow to be seen?
You see? I have an inquisitive mind.
The leaves that I find at my feet have been put together by nature, by the wind, not by me. The yellow leaves dropping since June .... draught, but also the process going on - I dread the upcoming End of August, summer and its light should last forever, be eternal.


21:06 hrs
The sunset reflects on the pine tree in the South, Wodan has disappeared with his anger.
Good evening Jacoba our friends are staying in a town called Grou. They have house swapped with a young family and will be staying there for six months. We have been following there journey via emails and Skype and are seeing your wonderful country through their eyes. Take care...
ReplyDeleteWanda
Hallo!
ReplyDeleteLeuk dat je bij mijn blog langskwam....
Leuk om bij jouw blog te lezen dat je Hermine kent...ik lees haar blog ook vaak.
Je schreef dat je het jammer vindt dat de zomer voorbij gaat; maar IK ben juist blij met de afwisseling...kan me nu al verheugen op de herftkleuren, het lage licht, de geuren, kastanjes, paddestoelen etc..Als je weet dat iets niet eeuwig duurt, geniet je er juist zo van...
groetjes van Fleur uit de polder
Wow de wolken,zo prachtig,ik kijk er ook vaak naar en stel mij dan dingen voor,dat ik zeg maar een vorm in een wolk zie of zeg maar een dier,ik hou ook van alle seizoenen,alles heeft zijn eige charme,lieve groet Joke.
ReplyDelete