| Rosa 'Chippendale' |
What's in a name?. Shakespeare wondered.
![]() |
| Thibaut's fabric 'tea house' |
One can find all kinds of information on the labels on the roses for sale: how to plant them, where to plant them, the size, etc. etc., but never an explanation on the label why the rose carries its name. Because of the 'chinoiserie' influences in Thomas Chippendale's furniture it is most likely that this rose is named after him.
It has lovely round buds, the colours vary from apricot to pink. The stems are a little fragile and can hardly carry the heavy filled blooms. It is potted up in a terracotta pot with three lavender plants around it. An experiment, which I enjoy very much looking at when I have my quiet moments on the garden seat.
Have a seat, read a while and enjoy the roses in our garden!


What a beautiful rose...and a great chair as well...I love anything Chippendale!
ReplyDelete