Friday, 21 June 2019

Midsummer


It was a day of cutting hedges, pulling weeds, raindrops, sunshine, talking to neighbours hanging on to my rake, watching birds, sitting on the door step waiting for my husband as I was locked out, talking to a little boy who was in search of his teacher Tatjana ( who had written in his school book she would be at nr.22 but where was nr. 22??!!) and could not find her, a day of staring at the amazing colours of the nasturtium in flower pots and following the bumble bees who seem to be so plentiful at the moment.
Beauty all around.
I took my compass out last night and checked out where  about the sun sets. It showed 300 degrees NW. Twice a year the sun comes in through our windows on the North - it is forever fascinating and it always takes me by surprise.



Time goes so fast: the blackberries are plentiful in our hedges, the roses flower abundantly, before we know it the trees will drop their leaves .... The elm trees always start in June and I blink when I see it.





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a very productive day enjoying nature around you. We have allot of blackberries in our area as well... really tough to cut or pull out.
    Sending you hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Gezellig dat je er bent, dank je voor je bericht.
Thank you for your visit, nice that you stopped by in the gardens.