Thursday, 14 February 2013

With love, from Amsterdam

 

 
Delicious chocolates from van Soest Chocolatier in the Utrechtsestraat, Amsterdam.
The white chocolate rose is stuck in dark chocolates at the bottom. The box with hearts and roses was screaming from the window 'take me away'! What a lovely gift box!
 
 
 
Delicacies made byPatisserie Kuyt, Utrechtsestraat, Amsterdam.
You really have to zoom in on the heart shaped mouthwatering centerpiece surrounded by macarons! 

 
 
 Vintage Valentine Card and booklet filled with Valentine poems,
sent to my family in 1960 by LeeAnn who spent time with us on an exchange program of the American Field Service. I think it was the first time I was introduced to the phenomenon 'Valentine'. At the time I was a teenager and found it all so fascinating.
The lace is a bit torn, a little treasure and held on to!
 
Happy Valentine! 
 
 
Heart shaped leaves of our willow trees, I so love their shape, big size and colour.
This picture I use as my ID on this blog.
 
Mary, of the blog The Little Red House has a theme up for this week on 'Love'.
I am joining her with this post.
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Happy Valentines Day my dear Jacoba!
    hugs
    rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm wat een smakelijke post.
    Jij ook nog een fijne Valentijns-avond ;)
    (klinkt wat raar, net sinterklaas)

    Lieve groet
    Hermine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those chocolates look so delicious, and so beautifully presented as well! Thanks so much for sharing, Jacoba! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. O, het water loopt uit mijn mond, werkelijk!
    Nee, wij doen niet aan Valentijn, ook nooit gedaan. Het spreekt ons niet echt aan. Ik denk dat mijn man niet eens wat wanneer dat is:-) Maar gelukkig heeft hij heel veel andere manieren om te laten blijken dat hij van me houdt, hoor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The images you chose for 'love' have a little of everything - food for the heart and soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jacoba,

    I love chocolatiers and patisseries. And these seem like heaven! Thank you so much for sharing this information. I will go there very soon, oh yes, I will...:-))

    Kusjes,

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Valentine card and booklet are so precious. I love your pretty post! Looks like you had a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Gezellig dat je er bent, dank je voor je bericht.
Thank you for your visit, nice that you stopped by in the gardens.