Such a huge difference with last Sunday!
I worked hard in the garden today, tomorrow our elm trees will be trimmed. The bird which built a nest in the top of one of them will not be happy ...
The garden will turn into one huge pile of twigs, the noise of the shredder will be outrageous.
The lawn is full with crocusses and snowdrops, the longer I look the more I see. Maybe in the morning I shall put flower pots over some groups of them? It will be such a pity if they get trodden on. A good lesson, next year I must have this work done earlier, or in autumn.
My body aches of all the bending and stretching, the birds loved me for removing leaves and finding plenty to eat. Ladybirds still hiding and appearing here and there. It is not time to clean up everything yet but in autumn I let the garden go to sleep and leave it as it is. This is just a 'rough' beginning of my gardening.
The biggest surprise was the blooming chaenomeles along the river, the trees above reflecting in the water. Later on the sun lit up the very first flowers of the helleborus, which were given as little seedlings from my neigbour. It took them two years to get into flower.
The biggest surprise was the blooming chaenomeles along the river, the trees above reflecting in the water. Later on the sun lit up the very first flowers of the helleborus, which were given as little seedlings from my neigbour. It took them two years to get into flower.



Hallo lieve Jacoba
ReplyDeletePas je op met je rug !
Gisteren ging ik ook op zoek naar de eerste krokussen en ik vond ze .....
Heerlijk weer was het , je voelde dat de zon er wel zin in had.
Veel liefs
Mapi
Hello Jacoba
ReplyDeleteOh I love Spring..... the birds chirping, the new growth of the plants, heaven! Ladybugs are one of my favourite little signs that Spring is here too. We have a little wait here in our part of Canada yet as snow still covers the ground. I can't wait to open the doors and windows of the condo and welcome the crisp Spring air to freshen everything up.
Thank you for your emails I have began following your friend and look forward checking out her past posts too.
Have a wonderful week ahead!
Hugs,
Wanda
Mooie collages en die kleuren, echt prachtig.
ReplyDeleteIk keek vandaag naar mijn helleborus die niets doet, maar nu lees ik dat het bij jou twee jaar duurde voordat ze bloeide, dus ik wacht tot volgend jaar.
Liefs
Hermine
Hier is het grootste gedeelte van de tuin nog wit. Er ligt best nog veel sneeuw. Wegens gezondheidsklachten kan ik nog niet veel doen in de tuin, een echte tegenvaller.
ReplyDeleteOok hier worden er bomen gesnoeid en een paar ook gekapt. Maar dat mag hier pas ná juni vanwege de nesten.
Maar een heerlijk vooruitzicht dat we de tuin weer in kunnen, over een poosje.
Janny
Hello Jacoba,
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely photos! Oh, I am so ready for Spring, but here in Colorado we have snow, snow, snow. Thank you so much for visiting my blog the other day, and for your kind words!
Jane
All of the Spring flowers and blooms are such welcome surprises. I love seeing your photos! Sweet hugs!
ReplyDelete