Sunday, 3 August 2014

Time is like a river





‘Time is like a river. You cannot touch the water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of life.’

A year has gone by since I last posted. A lot of water ran through the river and lakes nearby, a lot of rain came down recently and made the garden florish. It is almost impossible to keep up with the weeds that way. The roses flower abundantly, although I had to cut back the rose 'Paul's Scarlett' from my previous post completely as it came off the wall. My favourite orange rose is really living it up this year.

Waterfall from the roof
 
 
What fun it is to show Wanda and her husband of 'Victorian 1885' around in the garden and to sit out late and experience the peace of the garden. A blogger friend all the way from Canada in our garden, how wonderful!

Heracluem
 

Blogger has changed in the mean time, I seem to have lost all the blogs that I once followed, including their links. It will take time to add you back to my reading list and to the new changes. You will read me soon in my comments, as I remember the blogs as such so very well.

Happy summer to all of you!
Jacoba
The fig got moved from the garden into a flowerpot and feels good! Florishing!

 
Hydrangea 'Love You Kiss' did not enjoy the heat .... it looks poor this year.

 
This rose is originally bright orange. Bought it in the supermarket on our first King's Day for 4,5 euro's.
 I keep it in a flowerpot for the moment. It has been blooming abundantly. There is still so much beauty in decayed flowers.

 
Summer at it's return - 'Love You Kiss' dangling in the finished irises.

 
Butterfly 'Witje' (Whitie) enjoying the Verbena
 
 
I keep looking at it in amazement - eleven roses on one stem! You have seen this rose often in my prevous posts.
It is a very strong rose. it lasts for almost two weeks and has a lovely delicate perfume.


4 comments:

  1. It is great to see your Blog again Jacoba! Our visit to The Netherlands has been so wonderful and meeting you & Leon in person was the icing on the cake. Thank you for your friendship..
    Hugs,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun I happened to find two lovely blogs one about 'Victorian Style' and one with beautiful roses and other garden plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see your garden. Mine has undergone a major change. I had some workers take out all the ground cover and vines. I just couldn't keep up with all the trimming and cutting. It's very bare now, but that's okay ... I can start again -- slowly! Still enough cover for the birds to come visit and the butterflies like the Zinnias. There are always zinnias in the garden as they were a favorite of my Grannys. So nice to find you again. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete

Gezellig dat je er bent, dank je voor je bericht.
Thank you for your visit, nice that you stopped by in the gardens.