Why is it that people do not like yellow in their garden and resist it so strongly?
There are many yellows in this garden. Every season holds its own tones of soft yellow in the spring to vivid and bright yellow of Rudbeckia for instance in the late summer.
The Mahogany is dropping its flowers now, beautiful inkblue berries appearing in the summer. It is a spectacular plant, which gives a lot of body to where one plants it.
The greenish yellow of Alchemilla mollis, holding raindrops in its leaves in the summer, is apart from decorative in the garden so nice to mix in bouquets. The yellow rose Peau Douce has splendid huge flowers and is a true eye catcher at the side of our house. The row of Laburnum trees form a spectacular sight, and so do the yellow irisis in the pond. Yellow everywhere!
I just love all the yellows, both in flowers, herbs and weeds, but also in the leaves of many a shrub.
Last year I had a fight though with a yellow spring florishing shrub. A Kerria had started to wonder all over the place. Endless deep wandering roots were removed. I decided to deminish the Kerria complety. It is a strong plant and yes, more or less expected I discovered this week a tiny little twig peeping up. It will have to go, no chance of crawling further. The leaves of Kerria are fresh and delicate, also in a bouquet, but as a shrub I find the orange yellow a little too much.
On Friday it was a wonderful day for gardening - surprises appeared everywhere on removing the winter debris. A lot of competition going on, fox gloves have taken up a lot of space! Which plant will win?
A Dandelion seeded itself in the yellow Hosta last summer- I left it for a while as it was quite a sight in the middle of the big flower pot, it had a long stem and very long leaves because of the competition with the Hosta I guess?
No, I could not live without the radiance of it, sunshine yellow, or any yellow in my garden.


I'm with you ... I love yellow -- the color of the sun and happiness, energy!
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my blog, jacoba! I love yellow in my garden as well. Here in Colorado it is still snowy, but I am looking forward to spring!
ReplyDeleteZonnig geel, van mij mag het ook in mijn tuin. Ik denk erover om dit jaar zonnebloemen te zaaien, vooral omdat het zo'n heerlijk hapje is voor de vogels in het najaar.
ReplyDeleteLieve groet
Hermine
Tja... ik ben ook een van die mensen die niet van geel in de tuin houden. Hoewel: het geel van vrouwenmantel, hosta's en wolfsmelk vind ik dan wel weer leuk. Maar nee...de kerria etc. hebben niet mijn voorkeur.
ReplyDeleteOch, er blijft genoeg kleur over die ik wél leuk vind, hoor.
You are not alone: I love yellow as do pollinators. The first sign of spring in our garden/woods is the blooming of the forsythia.
ReplyDeleteI Love the yellow flowers My favourites which are blooming now are the sunflowers. Nice pictures. Groetjes
ReplyDeleteYellow is the color that speaks to me of summer, blue skies and warm days. daffodils and my favorite yellow flowers and one is Always enough to brighten up my day.
ReplyDeletesending easter greetings your way!
rita
ReplyDeleteWat een mooie tuin dat je hebt, Jacoba! Ik vind het geel bloemen heel mooi. :-)
VROLIJK PASEN!! :-)
Liefs,
Sandra
Liefs, Sandra
Ja, geel is mooi! In alle nuances, ook gemengd met blauw en met groen en met oranje...
ReplyDeleteHet is in midden Zweden nog even wachten op zoveel moois als jij al in je tuin hebt.
Hartelijke groet!
Happy Easter to you & your Family! I am still patiently waiting for Spring to arrive in our part of Canada. The snow is slowly melting but still quite a bit left to go. Enjoy your warmer weather!
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Wanda