Friday, 4 May 2012

House proud


Architecture is one of my passions. Whether it is ultra modern, or ancient and falling to pieces, it is forever fascinating and inspiring to me.

On our way to a special birthday party, held in a lovely mansion and garden along the river IJssel in Deventer we came across this surprising and amazing facade. A classic style but new: 1986. The text reminded me of a remark of a builder around our house: 'Your house will be here longer than you', which is so true of course.



'Daar staan we dan drie eeuwen ik
en u nog maar voor
een ogenblik

Ik sta geheid
en kan niet gaan
Ik heb geen been
om op te staan

Maar ‘k sta gelukkig
niet alleen
want ook een huis
is niet van steen'


There we stand for three centuries I
and you just for
a short moment

I am secured
and cannot go
I have no leg
to stand on

But fortunately I do not
stand alone
for a house also
is not from stone'


The party was waiting so alas we did not do indepth investigation on the what and how on the house and the facade. In any case it is wonderful craftmanship made at this modern age.




And now, what do you think of the pictures below, made in France.
The splashes made me laugh, what a way to repair holes!



If you click on the pictures you get a better view.



13 comments:

  1. Hi Jacoba,

    lovely pictures, and I love the feeling of the words on these landmarks...

    They say pictures are worth a thousand words, and so so true in this post...

    I am well, and healing incredible fast, it makes me wonder what GOD has in store for me...

    love,

    Your friend,

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a difference in architecture and each with its own special beauty! From the divine to the rustic. Love the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice architecture I hope you had fun at the party! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jacoba
    I love architecture too and your photographs are perfect to show so diferent styles
    The party seems really nice
    Also I have left a comment in your post about your mother's Easter table cloth,I have loved it
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely to make something new in the style of those well built buildings of old... Really nice... brings to today a graciousness we so often miss today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat een prachtige spreuk of gedicht is dat. Ik houd ook erg van architectuur. Overigens zag de party er erg gezellig uit!
    Liefs,
    Janny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Jacoba,
    thank you for showing us these amazing pictures.
    How intriguing a recent building in classic style looks to me. I'm definitely fascinated by classic style, I must admit, but I do love the rustic style of the small french house.
    rita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh at leuk, dat jou oog gevallen is op die facade...en nog wel pas uit 1986, dat is SUPER.
    Ze zouden het meer moeten doen, bij de wat nieuwere gebouwen.
    Hier in ons dorp, is een projectontwikkelaar, die bijna al zijn nieuwbouw en renovatie projecten een moderne én oude uitstraling geeft, ik vind dit zo mooi, ben altijd weer blij als hij een nieuw project in de gemeente mag doen, dan weet je zeker dat het mooi wordt..Hij is trouwens ook de 'bedenker'/ontwikkelaar van'" 't Sas' in Breda.

    En de Franse manier van gaten vullen...tja wat zal ik daar van zeggen...heeft ook wel wat..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi jacoba,
    Thanks for your comment on my blog! I am really enjoying having a little companion in the studio. She is sitting at my feet as I type.

    The photos on your blog are lovely! I especially like the French ones of the wall repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, the wall repair ...

    I do like your poem!!
    En de vertaling is wel heel mooi. Wie schreef het?

    Groet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Als ik de laatste foto's zie denk ik aan een fijne tijd met lieve vriendinnen en een heerlijke wandeling.

    Fijne Pinksterdagen,

    Hermine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear jacoba,
    I'm hosting a giveaway. perhaps you'd like to enter?
    have a great weekstart
    rita

    ReplyDelete

Gezellig dat je er bent, dank je voor je bericht.
Thank you for your visit, nice that you stopped by in the gardens.