Saturday, 15 October 2011
Sailing between the sun, the moon, the stars
I am sailing, I am sailing,
home again 'cross the sea.
I am sailing, stormy waters,
to be near you, to be free.
I am flying, I am flying,
like a bird 'cross the sky.
I am flying, passing high clouds,
to be with you, to be free.
Can you hear me, can you hear me
thro' the dark night, far away,
I am dying, forever trying,
to be with you, who can say.
Can you hear me, can you hear me,
thro' the dark night far away.
I am dying, forever trying,
to be with you, who can say.
We are sailing, we are sailing,
home again 'cross the sea.
We are sailing stormy waters,
to be near you, to be free.
Oh Lord, to be near you, to be free.
Oh Lord, to be near you, to be free,
Oh Lord.
Lyric by Rod Stewart
Our gorgeous dog is sailing, flying, I do not know where he is. Chasing bunnies and chicken on the Forever Hunting Fields, playing with the previous dachshounds that lived here. Jumping from star to star in the moonlit night, who knows??
All I know is that I maybe need two pairs of sunglasses today when we go sailing, because my eyes hurt of crying, and that the silence in the house is horrendous.
Yesterday we had to call the vet to say goodbye to our dog forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Och lieverd toch.
ReplyDeleteWat een verschrikkelijk verdrietig nieuws.
Laat je tranen maar vloeien .....
Vanavond zal ik extra goed naar de sterren kijken
En als ik hem zie springen dan weet ik dat het goed is zo.
Heel veel liefs, kracht en sterkte.
Kon ik je maar troosten.
Mapi
Oh I am so sorry to hear that... big hugs from me to you as you say goodbye to your beloved dog..
ReplyDeleteWanda
I'm so sorry to hear of your furbaby's passing. I do know that he is running and playing ... chasing bunnies and butterflies and sitting on your shoulder when you need him. Be at peace. Wishing you and yours well.....
ReplyDeleteYou have chosen a wonderful song by which to send off your beloved dog.
ReplyDeleteNow it's time to grieve.
Och, wat een verdrietig logje. Wat naar voor jullie. Ik kan me voorstellen dat jullie intens verdrietig zijn. Veel sterkte toegewenst!
ReplyDeleteJanny
We praatten vandaag over Drikus..over de verbondenheid en liefde die de dieren in ons doen stromen...helend...Dierbare herinneringen..
ReplyDeleteaan een stukje geluk..
Elize
I am sorry to hear that Veel sterkte en een dikke knuffel
ReplyDeleteDierbaar,
ReplyDeletewat is dat eigenlijk een mooi woord. Ik las het bij Elize.
Ik sluit me graag aan bij de rij van je volgers om je sterkte te wensen bij het verlies van je lieve member-of-the-family.
Ik weet het nog zo goed, 't verlies van mijn hond.. Het is ongelooflijk, zo veel liefde als we krijgen en zoveel verdriet als het kost.
Ik stuur je mijn beste wensen,
Wat lees ik nu een verdrietig bericht Jacoba. Maar weet dat Drikus bij jullie een leven als een prins heeft gehad maar het gemis zal er niet minder om zijn.
ReplyDeleteIk leef met jullie mee hoor.
Liefs
Hermine
Ach jee..en dat lees ik nu pas.ik neem me nu voor om wat vaker bij je op visite te gaan. Wat maak je toch n prachtige foto's and wonderful words to go with it!!
ReplyDeleteIk weet uit ervaring wat t is om een lieve hond te moeten missen..ik mis haar nog steeds..
Xtra kaarsje voor Drikus met Kerst..xoxo