Friday, 18 January 2013

Roses in the winter


King Winter has arrived!
Our roses never seem to give up florishinig, but in the end they have to bend for the icy cold.

This Pemberton rose is one of them,  I think it is 'Cornelia'. Two other 'sisters' in the border, so delicate, 'Felicia' and 'Penelope'.

 
 
Rosa 'Peau Douce' is a large strong yellow rose. It was the last one of the season and ended up in a floral setting on the garden table, now covered with snow. The frost topping is so magnificant.
 
 
 
My indoor activities are clearing out shelves, cupboards, etc. It is like a ritual, wanting to start a new uncluttered year. But why is it that I cannot part with the teacups with rose prints on them? Maybe I should organize a give away on here. If I am courageous enough to part with them you will read it!
 
 
 

 
 


7 comments:

  1. The roses are still beautiful covered with snow. Enjoy your teacups! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your roses covered by the snow
    I love snow but I never can see it here
    A Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enchanted with these photos, Jacoba. How lovely are your roses covered by the snow! Enjoy your beautiful garden!
    Beijinhos! :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sneeuw ziet er altijd mooi uit in het begin...
    Nu is er niet veel meer aan hier...ik zie liever 'aarde', en ' nieuw ' leven...
    En jij doet nog een beetje aan de ' grote schoonmaak' dus :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Opruimen..heel herkenbaar..ik ben er ook druk mee..:)
    En dan af en toe naar buiten kijken...sneeuw is mooi...maar ik denk al aan t voorjaar!

    Prachtige foto's

    T.D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Herkenbaar. Hier ook veel dingen die opgeruimd zouden kunnen worden, maar waar ik nog geen afscheid van kan nemen.
    Wat een fraai gezicht, die rozen in de sneeuw!
    Janny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mooi! Ik zou moeten doen als jij, kasten opruimen. Maar heb nog een aanloopje nodig ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Gezellig dat je er bent, dank je voor je bericht.
Thank you for your visit, nice that you stopped by in the gardens.