Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Unfinished


My mother's hands were not able to finish the Easter table cloth she started. I have tried to finish it over the last years, but somehow every time it comes out of the bag and gets put back again.
This year she would have become 100 years old if she was still there. I remember saying to her: with all the things you have in mind to see and do even becoming 200 years would not be enough.
Lovely memories are cherished (and continued) on her Easter traditions.

15 comments:

  1. So beautiful your mother's table cloth!
    Very tender this post, Jacoba! Lovely, indeed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, inderdaad heel mooie post.
    Wat een herinneringen zitten er vast aan zo'n onafgemaakt tafelkleed, he?
    Janny

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is lovely. Some things take a lifetime or more to finish ... a little love.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Een bijzondere herinnering aan je bijzondere moeder. Wat mooi dat je dit bewaard hebt Jacoba.

    Liefs
    Hermine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somewhere in my pile of stuff I have a really intricate sampler I started in 1987. It is 7/8 done and very country. I don't have the desire right now to ever finish it...maybe someone will long after I'm gone.

    Sweet post....beautiful cloth!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post... hold your memories tight of your Mom.. sending hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat een prachtig kleed is het met helder kleuren En heerlijk de herinneringen hieraan, ook al proef ik de weemoed naar je moeder Wie weet komt het eens nog af Wegdoen zul je zeker niet
    Dank voor je woorden op mijn blog
    lieve groet Jacky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mother's work is beautiful! And that is certainly a piece to treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wat een mooi, vrolijk kleed. Alle gevoelens die je erbij hebt...
    Met jou denk ik dit nu voortaan ook maar, in 200 jaar lukt ook niet alles.
    Als er ergens een intekenlijst hing, waarop ik kon intekenen voor een tweede leven, zou ik 't onmiddellijk doen!
    Jij?

    Fijn weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful piece of work and a beautiful piece of memory. Treasures to hold onto. Big hug

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...this is so beautiful. 100 years... my mother-in-law is 100 years old and blessings of blessings, still with us (Although she is more often than not 80 years earlier in thought...)! Imagine them being little girls together so many years ago... Blessings,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, Jacoba! Thank you for visiting my blog on Easter! Your post is very meaningful to me today. My dear 80 year old mother is sitting beside me sewing as I type. How I treasure the days I get to spend with her!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Jacoba,
    what a touching post my sweet friend. I know what your feelings are. My mom passed away 4 years ago and not one day has gone past since that I haven't thought of her. I, like you, treasure every memory I have of her and this is bringing so much comfort to me even though she is no longer with me...
    Your mother's needlework is gorgeous.
    Hugs
    rita

    ReplyDelete
  14. Niet meer wegsteken dus, goed zichtbaar laten liggen, dan raakt het heus wel afgewerkt. Het is zo snoezig!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just today we celebrate Mother's Day and your post is really special in this day...
    Love

    ReplyDelete

Gezellig dat je er bent, dank je voor je bericht.
Thank you for your visit, nice that you stopped by in the gardens.