Saturday, 25 June 2011
Apologies
In the Walled Garden, George Dunlop Leslie (Victorian-Edwardian painter)
It is not only that old age is creeping up on my dog, it is creeping up on me as well, it seems.
I am not so frantically blogging at the moment as there seem to be so many things taking up my attention. I do read other people's blogs though and leave comments, but I forgot what I had done to my own blog a few weeks ago. I changed settings. And see what happens today: 10 comments to moderate!!! I never logged on to my own blog since my last post. What a lovely surprise to read you all and hereby my apologies for not publishing your comments earlier.
The picture was shown on Princesa Nadie's blog. It is one of my favourites and on my list, because of the never ending flow of wonderful art she introduces to us. It is the first time this painter crosses my path.
At the spirit of the moment I change the pictures on my desktop. Being in a 'rose mood' I have placed this picture in a matching green and try to understand the painting. Lovely summer light, red picked roses on the floor and on the bench, rose petals on the floor, a beautiful 'English rose' wearing a necklace of red roses, looking composed startled, apologetic almost, holding her heart with her left hand. Maybe there is a story behind the painting, but I always like to look for myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good morning ..I wondered where you had gone. Your Blog looks lovely as ever ...I too love roses of any colour and size! Have a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteWanda
A charming painting, very nice. I don't think you changed the settings of blogger I think blogger changed some things. I had and have the same experience Groetjes
ReplyDeleteHallo dear,
ReplyDeleteThe more (old) age is creeping up on me, the more I love Roses. I am also taken by your beautiful picture in the summer-shadow atmosphere...
What lovely artwork! thanks for introducing me and... for asking about my dear cat, Edward. He is doing very well, thank you! Quite an amazing little guy really. He suffered a bit of neurological problems from his last operation and sometimes "wets" when he sleeps but for the most part... he is doing great! He has such a lovely outlook on life...such a great character. One that doesn't allow him to get down about anything - not even bowel problems and missing his tail! He's running and jumping and just as adorable as can be! Thanks again for asking!
ReplyDeleteMany blessings to you!
Ann
Hallo lieve Jacoba
ReplyDeleteLeuk dat je weer af en toe langs komt.
Wat ziet je blog er mooi groen uit.
Echt zomers alhoewel het nu onweert en regent !
Ja, als je je berichtjes niet leest!! ;)
ReplyDeleteIk heb vandaag nog even op de website van Princenbosch gekeken, en de roos 'cafe' staat nog zowat als eerste er op met een fotootje.
Woon je een beetje in de buurt van Breda?
Dan is het daar zeker een aanrader om er eens te gaan kijken. Ze zijn niet goedkoop, maar hebben apparte planten.
That is a lovely painting. I have a soft spot for roses and have many objects with roses on them. Last week we went to an estate sale and I purchased a hand-made embroidered pillow (for a very good price of $8) of beautiful roses. I’ll take it in picture to go on one of my posts.
ReplyDeleteWat een prachtige achtergrond heb je Jacoba, zo mooi zomers groen.
ReplyDeleteHet schilderij past er prachtig bij en ik heb even gegoogeld naar de schilder en o, hij heeft veel meer moois gemaakt.
Een rozenketting, ik ben er nooit opgekomen,toch eens proberen te maken. En je kunt het niet zien, maar op dat bankje, net uit het beeld, daar zit ik;)
Lieve groeten
Hermine
Hoi Jacoba,
ReplyDeleteLees nu je blog pas omdat ik op vakantie was. Het is erg mooi geworden. Zo groen en licht en zomers.
Och, die rozen, wat mis ik ze in mijn bostuin!
Groetjes,
Janny
Hi sweetie,
ReplyDeleteI want to thank you for always leaving me your comments, even when I am not expecting them, they leave me with a feeling of gratitude, and sometimes just a knowing that I am not alone.
I have been busy lately restructuring my blog, and changing things like labels, I found myself deleting items which could probably not be agreed upon by my friends, but I have to keep or at least; try to keep it as real, as possible...
I want you to read this because I wrote it for all of you, but especially for you as my dear friend. It is funny how "the same" things are no matter where we live.
Jesse
Thinking of you and missing you~
ReplyDeletexoRebecca
Had to come back again and thank you for visiting me today. Your sweet comments ALWAYS make me smile. I will love ROSES (especially pink ones) until the day I die.
ReplyDeletexo~Rebecca